The directors of Thor Mining Plc (“Thor”) (AIM, ASX: THR) are pleased to announce a maiden Mineral Resource Estimate of 177,000 tonnes of contained copper and 71,500 ounces of contained gold at its Alford East copper-gold project, located on the Yorke Peninsula, South Australia.
- Maiden Mineral Resource Estimate completed on the Alford-East Project (reported in accordance with JORC Code 2012) including Netherleigh Park, Liaway and Alford East prospects
- An Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate of 125.6 Mt at 0.14% Cu for 177,000 tonnes of contained copper & 71,500 ounces of contained gold
- The resource estimate includes only oxide copper-gold mineralisation considered amenable to In Situ Recovery (ISR) techniques, and identical cut-off grades being used at operating ISR Copper projects such as Excelsior’s Gunnison project in Arizona, USA
- There is clear potential for resources growth, along strike and at depth
- The Alford East Project covers the northern extension of Alford Copper Belt, where to the south-west, EnviroCopper Ltd has reported an Inferred Mineral Resource of 66.1Mt @ 0.17% Cu for three deposits; Wombat, Bruce and Larwood (THR:ASX Announcement 15 August 2019).
Alford East Mineral Resource Estimate
Table A: Alford East Mineral Resource Estimate by JORC (2012) classification as at 22 January 2021, reported for oxide material only, at a cut-off grade of 0.05% Copper which is consistent with the assumed In Situ Recovery technique.
• Figures are rounded to reflect appropriate level of confidence. Apparent differences may occur due to rounding.
• Cut-off of 0.05% Cu
• Thor earning up to 80% interest in Alford East Copper-Gold Project
ALFORD COPPER PROJECTS
Thor is pleased to advise that pump testing and a tracer test, followed by in-situ lixiviant trials have commenced at the Kapunda Copper ISR Project in SA
Managing Director Nicole Galloway Warland gave this technical presentation focussing on the Alford Copper-gold projects at the AusIMM Technical Lunch in Adelaide.
Thor has received favourable results from our initial pump test for preliminary hydrogeological assessment at the Alford East Copper-Gold Project