The directors of Thor Mining are pleased to advise the results from our initial pump test for preliminary hydrogeological assessment at the Alford East Copper-Gold Project, SA.
- Initial aquifer pump test successfully completed.
Copper-gold mineralisation at the test site is saturated below the water table;
essential for ISR production.
- Groundwater salinity reports in the range of 15,000 – 55,000 milligrams per litre total dissolved solids (mg/L TDS). This is classed as saline and precludes agricultural or potable use.
- Ground water is alkaline with pH – 8.1. This is ideal for trial lixiviant glycine.
- Short term pumping tests demonstrated consistent water flows suitable for ISR
- The host rock is permeable
- This work is all co-funded by the SA Government Accelerated Discovery Grant(ADI) of A$300,000
ALFORD COPPER PROJECTS
Thor is pleased to advise that pump testing and a tracer test, followed by in-situ lixiviant trials have commenced at the Kapunda Copper ISR Project in SA
Managing Director Nicole Galloway Warland gave this technical presentation focussing on the Alford Copper-gold projects at the AusIMM Technical Lunch in Adelaide.
Thor has received favourable results from our initial pump test for preliminary hydrogeological assessment at the Alford East Copper-Gold Project